The success of NRP 66 depends on a number of actors from research and the administration.
The Steering Committee is responsible for running the programme - from selecting projects to scientific quality assurance to producing a synthesis at the end of the programme.
The programme coordinator and the president of the Steering Committee are responsible for the operational management. The head of knowledge transfer is responsible for the communication of the research results to target audiences. The representative of the federal office works with the Steering Committee and communicates results to the administration.
The National Research Council of the SNSF is ultimately responsible for the NRP. The delegate of the Research Council acts as a link between the Research Council and the Steering Committee.
Steering Committee Members:
- Dr. sc. techn. Martin Riediker (President)
- Professor Charlotte Bengtsson, SP Trätek, Wood Technology and wood in construction, SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden, Borås, Sweden
- Professor Alain Dufresne, School of Paper Science, Print Media and Biomaterials, PAGORA, Grenoble Institute of Technology, Grenoble, France
- Professor Birgit Kamm, Institute for Bioactive Polymer Systems Research, Teltow, Germany
- Professor Jakob Rhyner, United Nations University (UNU), Bonn/Germany; Vice Rector in Europe (UNU-ViE) and Director of the UNU Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
- Prof. Liselotte Schebek, Institut IWAR, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Professor Alfred Teischinger, Institute of Wood Science and Technology (BOKU), University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
- Professor Philippe Thalmann, Laboratory of Environmental and Urban Economics (LEURE), EPF Lausanne
Delegate of Division IV of the National Research Council:
- Professor Dr. Claudia R. Binder, Laboratory for Human-Environmental Relations in Urban Systems (HERUS) IIE - ENAC – EPF Lausanne
- Dr. Barbara Flückiger Schwarzenbach, SNSF, Bern
Head of Knowledge and Technology Transfer:
- Thomas Bernhard, IC Infraconsult SA, Berne
Representative of the Confederation:
- Rolf Manser, Head Forest Division, Federal Office for the Environment (FOEN), Bern